In today’s blog post I am sharing with you my favourite holiday white wine sangria recipe. This sangria is always a huge hit and has been a go-to of mine this past year (I’ve made it three times already), since my aunt-in-law had first passed on the recipe to me.
Here it is…
– 2 oranges, sliced
– 2 bottles dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay)
– 1 c white grape juice
– 1/2c sugar (white, brown, or sub ~1/3c maple syrup)
– 1 1/2 c fresh cranberries
– 5 sprigs of fresh rosemary + more for garnish
– ice (optional, cubed or crushed)
Makes one large pitcher
1) Cook grape juice, sugar, and 2c wine on Medium Heat.
2) Bring to a boil, then add cranberries and cook for 30 seconds until they pop.
3) Strain cranberries, reserving the wine syrup.
4) In a pitcher, combine the remaining wine, blanched cranberries, orange slices, and rosemary. Chill for an hour.
5) Add cooled wine syrup last.
6) Add ice if desired.
Optional- You can use additional rosemary sprigs dipped in wine syrup reserve and rolled in white sugar, for show effect.
Leave a Reply